Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My latest stump


Some husbands bring their wives roses or chocolates. My wife loves it when I bring her sticks or rocks. I started this the first year we were together. I would go down to visit my mother on her Ozark farm. While down there I went down to the creek to look for an interesting water worn rock. We had only been together for a few weeks but I knew she liked rocks. While there I saw a cedar snag that was 3 inches around and had been bent over by high water into an arch. She loved it, so we started a tradition Here is the latest addition to our garden. An old oak stump and a moss covered rock found close by.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful garden thanks

Durward Discussion said...

This is my kind of garden. I'm not a grass fan and like the "natural" look in plantings.

I've listed your blog on my site.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jack -- that's beautiful. I'm going to send you a garden picture....the one that didn't make it on our Craig-blog movie....

Jack said...

Patsi

If you want add some comments and I will post it. I would love to share garden stories.
Jack

Patsi Bale Cox said...

I'll need to get hooked back into my old computer where the photos exist. Love the new photo you posted!!!

chloe said...

Jack,
Beautiful Garden.
And I love Buddha's. Don't know why, but I do. Collect them.
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Chloe